Don’t let your tortilla fillings escape! Use this folded tortilla wrap hack to assemble your next tortilla. Looking for ideas on how to fill your tortilla? I’ve included ideas for fillings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Grab some tortillas and let’s go!
Instagram/TikTok is flooded with this genius wrap hack. I’m not sure who started it.
It’s so simple: if your tortilla was a clock, start at the center and slice down to 6 o’clock. Put stuff in the four quadrants. Flip the bottom left-hand flap up, then fold two more times clockwise. Whatever you put into your wrap, this method holds everything inside. Eat as is, or give it a quick sear in an oiled cast iron pan, air fryer or waffle iron/panini press. If you slice it with a sharp knife, everything stays put.
This version is packed with vegan sausage and cheese, red onion, mushrooms and black olives, then seared in a hot cast iron skillet. Ungh so easy, so good.
More wrap hack ideas!
- JUST Egg/VeganEgg, vegan cheddar, onions, mushrooms
- Carrot lox wrap: carrot lox, vegan cream cheese, red onion, dill and capers
- Vegan sausage patty, vegan egg, sliced vegan cheddar
- Peanut Butter, bananas, chocolate
- Taco wrap: seasoned vegan crumbles or tvp, shredded vegan cheese, tomato
- Buffalo wrap: chickpeas, cauliflower, Gardein or soy curls. Add celery, avocado, vegan mozz and serve with vegan ranch or garlic dressing
- Fancy wrap: Apple, vegan cheese and onion (see full toppings list here)
- Jackfruit wrap: spicy jackfruit, cabbage and jalapeno
- Quick wrap: Tofurkey or Field Roast slices, vegan cheese slices, vegan mayo
- Vegan grilled cheese: vegan cheddar, shiitake bacon, tomato
- Falafel wrap: falafel, red onion, olives, hummus and tahini sauce
- Southwest wrap: black beans, vegan shreds, enchilada sauce, onion, vegan sour cream
- Mac and cheese wrap: vegan mac and cheese, buffalo or bbq sauce
- Korean wrap: use any of these components or these
- Tempeh reuben wrap
This tortilla wrap hack is great because it ensures that all of the fillings stay inside. This version is stuffed with vegan sausage and cheese, sautéed red onion, pizza sauce, mushrooms and oil-cured olives.
- 4 vegan sausages, finely diced (Beyond Meat or Field Roast Italian both work)
- 10 oz. brown mushrooms, sliced or minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-cured olives (kalamata or black works too)
- 4 handfuls of shredded white vegan cheese (chopped)
- 4 tortillas
- oil, for sautéing
- Preheat a large cast iron pan over medium heat. Add some oil, then the vegan sausages and allow to cook through. Scrape the vegan sausages into a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with a little more oil if needed. Allow to soften. Scrape into another bowl.
- Add the onions to the pan, with a little more oil if needed. Allow to soften. Scrape into another bowl.
Cut a slit from the center of the tortilla to 6 o’clock. Place the sauce, onions and olives between the 6 and 9 o’clock quadrant. Place the other ingredients as desired onto the tortilla. Fold it up and sear it in an oiled+hot pan. A lid helps to melt the vegan cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: folded tortilla, tortilla hack